This is a meal I make just about anytime of day. It's a great way to increase protein intake and also allows for a little change in how I eat my vegetables. I love this dish, any time of day. I hope you will too.
Cooking Spray or a tsp of olive oil
1/2 cup egg white
4-5 stalks of asparagus
1/2 plum tomato
1/2 cup uncooked baby spinach leaves
2 TBSP of cheese - any kind you like
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Coat the bottom of a pan with cooking spray or olive oil and heat on Medium to High.
- Gently pour in egg white, sprink with salt and pepper and let it cook for about a minute.
- Cup up asparagus and add to the egg white, let cook another minute.
- The eggs should be looking almost done at this point if not give it a little more time.
- Add the plum tomato, then baby spinach leaves, and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Cover and let it cook until the cheese melts and the spinach leaves are a little wilted.
My coffee and my breakfast were done about the same time--it's a quick and easy meal to make. Slide off the pan and onto a plate, eat and enjoy!! It's filling, healthy, and delicious!